The printed recipe is listed below, but years ago I did a video recipe for this on Lo Carb Cafe:
I've made this often. The last time I made it, I topped it with bit of sour cream and some avocado. It was fantastic, but if you do this you need to account for the carb counts. :-)
- 2 large green peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the peppers(already halved and seeded) and boil for 3 minutes; drain.
- Brown the hamburger, onion and garlic. Drain the fat and stir in the tomatoes and cook until they are hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 4 ounces of cheese.
- Place the pepper halves in a greased 8x8" baking pan and fill with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the extra cheese on top
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack if not serving immediately.
388 Calories; 27g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
I've made this recipe multiple times and every single time my husband comments on how it is the best he's ever tasted.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a baking pan. Bake for 1 hour.
524 Calories; 43g Fat; 29g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
This is one decadent dish!! It tastes so heavenly you will think you are cheating!
- 12 oz ham, cubed
- 8 oz cooked chicken (1 large chicken breast), cubed
- 6 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Put the chicken, ham and cheese in a greased 11x7" baking dish.
- In a bowl, blend the heavy cream and mayo into the cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the garlic, dill weed, onion and parsley.
- Pour over the meat and cheese and stir everything together.
- Bake at 350º for about 25 minutes until bubbly and browned on top.
This comes out of the oven quite oily. You are going to want to let it set for a few minutes before you plate it up so it can solidify a little. The portions aren't that big, so I paired it with cut green beans. You will want a side dish with this.
Next time I will probably put it in a smaller baking dish or as my husband suggested, add some cauliflower to bulk it up and give it a bit of a pasta texture.
Per Serving: 559 Calories; 47g Fat; 31g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber