The printed recipe is listed below, but years ago I did a video recipe for this on Lo Carb Cafe:
I've made this often. The last time I made it, I topped it with bit of sour cream and some avocado. It was fantastic, but if you do this you need to account for the carb counts. :-)
- 2 large green peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the peppers(already halved and seeded) and boil for 3 minutes; drain.
- Brown the hamburger, onion and garlic. Drain the fat and stir in the tomatoes and cook until they are hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 4 ounces of cheese.
- Place the pepper halves in a greased 8x8" baking pan and fill with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the extra cheese on top
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack if not serving immediately.
388 Calories; 27g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
I've made this recipe multiple times and every single time my husband comments on how it is the best he's ever tasted.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a baking pan. Bake for 1 hour.
524 Calories; 43g Fat; 29g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs